680: Recycling | Skeptical Sunday
Between climate change, global pollution, and a spiraling amount of waste created every single day, we all want to find ways -- even small ways -- to help. And for some people, the easiest way is to recycle. You have a house, plenty of room to separate your garbage, and your city provides different color bins so you don’t get confused between pizza and the box it comes in. And everything works out, right? Well, of course not! Here, we'll weigh the pros and cons of recycling and make sure you're not doing it all wrong.
Welcome to Skeptical Sunday, a special edition of The Jordan Harbinger Show where Jordan and fact-checker, comedian, and podcast host David C. Smalley break down a topic that you may have never thought about, open things up, and debunk common misconceptions.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/680
On This Week's Skeptical Sunday, We Discuss:
- Does recycling really help save the planet? Only if you do it the right way (which we'll discuss).
- What would be the unintended consequences of banning plastics entirely?
- Why some materials that could be recycled aren't.
- What are the massive benefits of recycling metals?
- How many resources are saved when we recycle paper?
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter, on Instagram, and on YouTube. If you have something you'd like us to tackle here on Skeptical Sunday, drop Jordan a line at email@example.com and let him know!
- Connect with David at his website, on Twitter, on Instagram, on TikTok, and on YouTube, and make sure to check out The David C. Smalley Podcast here or wherever you enjoy listening to fine podcasts! If you like to get out of your house and catch live comedy, keep an eye on David's tour dates here and text David directly at (424) 306-0798 for tickets when he comes to your town!
See Jordan (with Ryan Holiday) Live in L.A. June 13th!: Go to jordanharbinger.com/tickets for more info
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!