684: Mehak Vohra | Getting Millions of Views on Marketing Ads by Niching Down
No matter where you come from or what your background is, anyone can achieve the height of their dreams if they know how. To learn more, today we have Mehak Vohra with us.
Mehak is the Founder and CEO of SkillBank, a company that empowers people to reach their potential through education. Dropping out of college to pursue a startup career, her agency generated millions of views every month for her clients. She went on to work with VCs, startups, CNN analysts, New York Times best-selling authors, and anyone that wanted to build a brand and grow their user base.
Let’s get started and find out more about how Mehak gained millions of views for her clients by focussing on growing her niche.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I introduce today’s guest, Mehak Vohra
- Mehak gives us some background on her story
- Family background
- Quiet and reserved growing up
- Developing an interest in coding and tech
- Going into college
- Dropping out to focus on business
- Transitioning from West Virginia to Silicon Valley
- Navigating the culture shock
- Open to more opportunities
- Mehak talks about the process of building SkillBank
- Building up a portfolio and network
- LinkedIn marketing
- Learning the ins and outs of finance and marketing
- Niching down to one thing
- It provides clarity
- Offer the one thing you’re good at and scale it
- A word from our sponsors
- How Mehak helps others build up their businesses
- The importance of mentorship and practice
- Niching down on targeted education
- The shortage of education around useful marketing practices
- Mehak’s advice on developing your marketing craft
- Start getting hands on experience
- Who you know or what you know?
- Mehak talks about the importance of what you know
- Mehak’s thoughts around college education
- Still a valuable experience
- How SkillBank provides value to people who want to get started
- ThE RaNDoM RoUnD
- How to engage with Mehak
- Links below
- Final words
“I don’t think your zip code, or where you’re from, or your financial background should keep you from achieving your dreams if you want to.” - Mehak Vohra
“When you have a standardized offering you become known as THAT person… I’ve built my brand around being the ‘LinkedIn girl.’” - Mehak Vohra
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy