#69: Implementing a Partnership Strategy
Today's episode is all about authors and partnerships. According to Cynthia Shannon — Food and Lifestyle Marketing Manager at Chronicle Books — partnerships provide a more organic placement for a book, which creates an authentic feeling for customers. There are a wide range of partnerships in book marketing, and Cynthia guides us through the most important ones, setting authors up for a natural and successful marketing strategy. During this episode, Cynthia shares:
- Her definition of promotional partnerships and how authors can work with people, places, or brands.
- The benefits of partnership strategies, particularly the fact that they allow authors to build awareness without spending a lot on advertising or dealing with the uncertainty of publicity.
- How she approaches book marketing campaigns at Chronicle Books, and the three kinds of consumers she tries to reach.
- The components that are fundamental to a great partnership.
- The wide variety of partnerships and the distinctions between each one.
- What she looks for in a great partnership, placing emphasis on the importance of reciprocity.
- Where she gets her creative inspiration when putting partnerships together.
- The various steps authors can take when creating partnerships, which includes utilizing their network, determining their goals, and sending a pitch.
- The things that authors must be cautious of when pursuing partnerships.
For our show notes, including action steps, and resources, visit: https://bit.ly/3yX5FLG
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts!