69 | Navigating Healthcare As A Black Woman with Dr. Kristamarie Collman
Today’s guest is Dr. Kristamarie Collman, a double board certified family medicine doctor. Leveraging her professional background in medicine paired with a natural flair for beauty and style, Dr. Kristamarie takes a holistic approach in helping women to live healthier lives.
She empowers women of all ages with tools and tips to “glow up” and ultimately feel their best. Dr. Kristamarie graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health from Rutgers University – New Brunswick and continued her education at the New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY, earning a Doctor of Medicine. She later joined the ranks of Halifax Health Medical Center as a resident physician in Daytona Beach, FL, where she was also nominated to serve as Chief Resident.
She currently resides in Charlottesville, VA, where she practices in acute care and outpatient Family Medicine. Beyond the doctor’s office, Dr. Kristamarie shares engaging social media content focused on inspirational messages, healthy lifestyle and wellness advice. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her fiancé, their dog and trying out new food recipes in the kitchen. She is also the author of “Glow Up Your Life: The Rx for Looking and Feeling Good from the Inside Out.”
In this episode, we talk about…
- Ways we can advocate for ourselves and loved ones when receiving medical care.
- What to look for when searching for healthcare providers.
- Incorporating holistic medicine with western practices.
- Managing stress and anxiety around COVID-19.
- Her experience navigating a fibroid diagnosis.
- Download Glow Up Your Life by Dr. Kristamarie
- Follow Dr. Kristamarie on Instagram: @drkristamarie
- Like Dr. Kristamarie’s page on Facebook
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
This episode is sponsored by Cantu Beauty, available at Wal-Mart and walmart.com. Balanced Black Girl is edited by Bex Be Casting.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.