690: Jane McGonigal | How to See the Future and Be Ready for Anything
Jane McGonigal (@avantgame) is a futurist who specializes in designing games that challenge players to tackle real-world problems, and is the bestselling author of Reality is Broken and SuperBetter. Her latest book is Imaginable: How to See the Future Coming and Feel Ready for Anything ? Even Things That Seem Impossible Today.
What We Discuss with Jane McGonigal:
- Why it is more important to be imaginative and insightful than to be 100 percent right when trying to predict what the future has in store for us.
- How do we embrace problem scenarios and their solutions ahead of actual emergencies with an attitude of motivation and hope rather than dread?
- The imaginative value of scheduling personal and professional plans on your calendar 10 years in advance.
- How you can train yourself to spot signals of change that give you an edge on foresight (without falling down conspiracy theory rabbit holes), and imagine the ways anything can be different in the future.
- The First 5 Minutes of the Future: a game Jane developed that helps you consider what to do when the next "unthinkable" change happens.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/690
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss the show where we interviewed Google’s Eric Schmidt? Catch up by listening to episode 201: Eric Schmidt | How a Coach Can Bring out the Best in You here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!