7. A Heart of Service - with Julia Roberts
Julia Roberts is a 28 year veteran of the mortgage services industry. She’s from the Charlottesville area and the mother of 2 children and 3 grandchildren. She’s passionate about helping people achieve their dream of home ownership, and uses her skills and experience to find “out of the box” solutions for them. A habitual volunteer, she strives to give back to her community by using her financial knowledge as an advocate for groups that need somebody to speak for them.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Encouraging others to find their gifts [10:51 ]
- The benefits of having a coach [11:20 ]
- Early identification of being a leader [13:45 ]
- Redefining what it means to be a leader [18:25 ]
Now what? Leadership Principles
- Trust in God’s Provision [20:20 ]
- Never give up
- How to put your PLAN to work [22:07 ]
- Find your Passion [29:07 ]
- Look outside yourself
- Use technology to your advantage
- Find a good mentor [32:04 ]
- Try, fail and try again
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Charlottesville Economic Development Board Charlottesville Economic Development Board
Greene Care Clinic Greene Care Clinic
Arc of the Piedmont Arc of the Piedmont
“Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes Into Stepping Stones for Success.” by John C. Maxwell
Want to get more involved?
Email me at email@example.com and let me know how I can be your professional encourager!