700: Ioan Grillo | How America Arms Gangs and Cartels Part One
Ioan Grillo (@ioangrillo) is a contributing writer at The New York Times specializing in crime and drugs. He is the author of El Narco: Inside Mexico's Criminal Insurgency; Gangster Warlords: Drug Dollars, Killing Fields, and the New Politics of Latin America; and Blood Gun Money: How America Arms Gangs and Cartels. [This is part one of a two-part episode. Stay tuned for part two later this week!]
What We Discuss with Ioan Grillo:
- How did Ioan Grillo -- a journalist from the UK -- find himself covering the illicit guns and drugs trade from behind the scenes in cartel-controlled Mexico and other pockets of Latin America?
- The opulent cemetery where narcos are buried in multi-leveled, air-conditioned mausoleums that would make the ancient pharaohs blush.
- The most devastating examples of human catastrophe Ioan has witnessed while reporting narcos-related crimes over the past two decades.
- How much danger is a journalist like Ioan really in while reporting from the thick of such unfettered violence?
- How thousands of children are recruited or forced into doing the cartels' most bloody work.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/700
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss our interview with Freeway Rick Ross, the crack empire kingpin gone good? Catch up with episode 121: Freeway Rick Ross | Life in the Crack Lane here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!