715: Cindy Otis | Spotting Fake News Like a CIA Analyst
Cindy Otis (@cindyotis_) is a former CIA military analyst specializing in disinformation threat analysis and counter-messaging, and is the author of True or False: A CIA Analyst’s Guide to Spotting Fake News.
What We Discuss with Cindy Otis:
- What is fake news, and why does it spread six times faster than real news?
- How is fake news different from satire?
- How does misinformation differ from disinformation?
- The historical consequences of using fake news to influence a population.
- How to spot fake news and inoculate ourselves (and our children) against its intended impact.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/715
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss the conversation we had with Tristan Harris, a former Google design ethicist, the primary subject of the acclaimed Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma, co-founder of The Center for Humane Technology, and co-host of the podcast Your Undivided Attention? Catch up with episode 533: Tristan Harris | Reclaiming Our Future with Humane Technology here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!