73 | CBD, Sisterhood, and Living with Purpose with Brown Girl Jane [Part 1]
In part one of this two-part conversation, we’re sitting down with Nia Jones Alugbin and Malaika Jones Kebede, sisters and co-founders of BROWN GIRL jane.
BROWN GIRL jane is a Black woman-owned and founded company that offers broad spectrum CBD products created especially for women of color.
Malaika Jones Kebede is co-founder and CEO and started BROWN GIRL jane after falling in love with the healing power of plants and CBD. After suffering spinal nerve damage during the birth of her third child, she began experimenting with holistic alternatives to traditional pharmaceutical medicine and fell in love with the natural healing wonders Cannabidiol.
Nia Jones Alugbin is co-founder of BROWN GIRL jane and lives in Brooklyn with her two young sons and husband. She spent most of her career as a leader in Philanthropic Management and Diversity shaping the direction and enacting change through institutional policies and capital support. She graduated from Spelman College and received a Master’s degree from New York University.
In this episode, we talk about…
- What CBD is and what its benefits are.
- Managing stress and anxiety in our daily lives.
- Why supporting diverse-owned cannabis companies is so important.
- Creating a community focused on healing as a collective.
- Allowing flexibility in our approach to self-care.
- Visit the BROWN GIRL jane website to shop their CBD tinctures and beauty products.
- Follow BROWN GIRL jane on Instagram @itsbrowngirljane
- Like BROWN GIRL jane on Facebook @browngirljane
- Follow BROWN GIRL jane on Twitter @BROWNGIRLjane
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL for 20% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.