730: Nury Turkel | A Witness to China's Uyghur Genocide
Nury Turkel (@nuryturkel) is a human rights attorney for the US Commission on International Religious Freedom and the author of No Escape: The True Story of China's Genocide of the Uyghurs.
What We Discuss with Nury Turkel:
- How the Chinese Communist Party is using artificial intelligence to arbitrarily round up Uyghurs for fabricated crimes — including 17,000 who were arrested within 10 days thanks to assistance from an algorithm.
- Some of the 48 behaviors that will get Uyghurs flagged as dissidents in Xinjiang and sent to concentration camps for "re-education" are as mundane as growing a beard or adhering to a halal diet.
- Why the CCP is trying so hard to wipe out an entire culture that has had its roots in the Xinjiang region since at least the third century AD.
- Uyghur families attempting to start new lives in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other countries have been deported back to China to face punishment and possibly death.
- How Uyghur slave labor is used to supply markets around the world — especially in the United States — and what we can do to avoid supporting companies that knowingly participate in this shameful, immoral arrangement.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/730
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss our conversation with David Kilgour, author of Bloody Harvest: Organ Harvesting of Falun Gong Practitioners in China? Catch up with episode 497: David Kilgour | The Heartless Art of Forced Organ Harvesting here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!