74: What's in my baby's sunscreen? The research and development behind children's sunscreen
I welcome Donald Rick, the director of Formulation Development at Coppertone.
He joins me to talk about sunscreen ingredients, formulations, the regulatory process of sunscreen and so much more.
Here are some of the topics we discuss:
- What are some considerations when formulating sunscreens for babies?
- What is the regulatory process for sunscreen?
- Which is preferred? Mineral or chemical sunscreens?
- Is oxybenzone a concern?
- What is the benefit of having naturally sourced zinc oxide in sunscreens?
- What are the differences in spray vs lotion sunscreen?
- What is our #1 tip when using sunscreen
Tune in to hear a fascinating conversation about sunscreen development.
This episode is sponsored by Coppertone. The #1 Pediatrician Recommended Sunscreen Brand
It is the sunscreen we use for our family and #1 Pediatrician recommended sunscreen brands.
Make sure to follow @pedsdoctalk and @coppertoneUSA on Instagram if you have any questions or to learn more about Coppertone Pure & Simple and other Coppertone offerings.