74 | Nourishing Our Bodies and Making Healthy Eating Equitable with Dr. Akua Woolbright
Today we’re talking about nutrition for better health and dismantling food inequality with Akua Woolbright, PhD. Dr. Woolbright is an expert in plant-based nutrition who specializes in teaching people how to harness the healing power of foods to prevent and reverse disease, feel great, look younger, and live longer.
In 2009, Dr. Woolbright joined Whole Foods Market to help create and implement the company’s signature healthy eating program, blending science and evidence-based recommendations with a back-to-basics approach.
In this episode we talk about…
- The difference between rural and urban poverty and farming
- Nourishing our bodies and making healthy eating equitable
- Getting rid of biases and stereotyping in health education spaces
- The importance of nutrition education
- How to break through the barriers of food accessibility
- A Life At Work by Thomas Moore
- Learn more about the Whole Cities Foundation
- Sign up for our Self-Care for Stress Management virtual class on September 26 at 12:00 pm PDT
- Dr. Akua Woolbright’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL for 20% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
This episode is sponsored by Cantu Beauty.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands