740: Ryan Holiday | Discipline is Destiny (Live from Los Angeles)
Ryan Holiday (@ryanholiday) is the host of The Daily Stoic podcast and the bestselling author of countless books about marketing, culture, Stoicism, and the human condition. His latest offering is Discipline Is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control, and he joined us live in Los Angeles to talk about this and lots more!
What We Discuss with Ryan Holiday:
- How do you get into the headspace where you do your best work when everything in the modern world is trying to distract you from getting there?
- In spite of writing his first book about 1,800 years after Marcus Aurelius wrote his last, has Ryan really outsold the Stoic philosopher emperor?
- How do we keep from letting our desire to be perceived as great get in the way of truly achieving greatness (or at least creating good work)?
- Do you have the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed, courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other in order to live your best life?
- How Stoicism's four cardinal virtues (courage, temperance, justice, and wisdom) can guide you even when the circumstances in which you find yourself are beyond your control.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/740
Miss our conversation with Daniel Levin, a man who knows how to track down people who have gone missing in war zones and bring them home alive? Catch up with episode 617: Daniel Levin | How to Find a Missing Person in the Middle East here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!