745: Dave Farina | Debunking Junk Science Myths
Dave Farina (@daveexplains) is on a mission to make science make sense for everyone — whether it's through his Professor Dave Explains YouTube channel, his Professor Dave Debates podcast, or his new book, Is This Wi-Fi Organic?: A Guide to Spotting Misleading Science Online (Science Myths Debunked).
What We Discuss with Dave Farina:
- How the Internet went from a promising reservoir of unlimited knowledge for all to an insidious superspreader of disinformation.
- Why it's easier than ever for people to simply deny inconvenient facts that don't support their worldview.
- How NASA went from the revered public institution that miraculously landed human beings on the moon to the scapegoat for conspiracy theorists who insist the Earth is flat.
- Why synthetic doesn't always equate with bad, and natural doesn't automatically mean good.
- Who profits from the proliferation of fake science, and what can we do to separate the wheat from the chaff when we're bombarded with copious amounts of fact and fiction?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/745
Miss our conversation with true crime exoneree Amanda Knox? Catch up with episode 386: Amanda Knox | The Truth About True Crime here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!