747. How to Write & Publish a Children's Book (and Building Self-Esteem in Yourself & Your Children) with Miriam Laundry & Jack Canfield
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Interrupting our fear programming
- Helping people write their story
- Acknowledging what you want
- How to move from “can’t” to “can”
- Being kind to yourself
- Instagram: @miriamlaundrypublishing
- Instagram: @jackcanfield_official
- Find the blueprint to writing a children’s book in one day at MiriamLaundry.com/bookblueprint
- Text “PODCAST” to 310-496-8363 to get your questions answered on our Q&A segment or get coached on the show!
Self-esteem is a major factor in a person’s success. That doesn’t mean you have to feel good about everything that you do. You just need to have the confidence to try. So much of our self-esteem is shaped in childhood, which makes it especially important to instill that confidence in kids early on. Jack Canfield and Miriam Laundry are both experts on enhancing self-esteem in children (as well as adults). Together, they co-authored the book “I Can Believe in Myself,” which helps children turn the words “I can’t” into “I can!” Whether you have kids and want them to be confident, you struggle with confidence yourself, or you’re interested in writing and publishing a children’s book of your own, these two have a wealth of knowledge that you’re sure to find value in.
- Where did the inspiration for this book come from?
- Can you tell me about your course, helping people write books?
- What fears do you normally see from people?
- What was your experience after attending Jack’s event?
- What do you experience in your life and career right now?
- What feels important right now?
- If you could only write one more book, what would it be about?
Jack Canfield is the co-creator of the #1 New York Times bestselling “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series, including “Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul” and “Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul.” He started his career as a teacher in Chicago Public Schools and later went on to become an expert in the area of educating teachers and parents about how to build and maintain high self-esteem in children of all ages. He is also the co-writer of “100 Ways to Enhance Self-Concept in the Classroom” and “Self-Esteem in the Classroom: A Curriculum Guide.” He also recently published “The Big, Bad Bully,” which he co-authored with Miriam Laundry.
Jack is the founder and chairman of The Canfield Training Group in Santa Barbara, California, which conducts workshops and training on how to achieve greater success in every area of your life. Their teachings are based on his bestselling book “The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.” You can learn more about his work at www.JackCanfield.com.
Miriam Laundry is a sought-after speaker at schools nationwide. She is the author of five children’s books and co-authored “The Big, Bad Bully” with Jack Canfield in 2019. Inspired to help children believe they CAN, she organized an international effort in 2014 that secured her a Guinness World Record™ – and hasn’t stopped since. More than 100,000 children and adults participated in this record-setting event, with the purpose of promoting positive mental health. Her books have also received numerous awards including a Mom's Choice Award and a Readers Favorite International Award.
Miriam seeks to continue inspiring people to believe in themselves – and, now, shares her expertise by mentoring and teaching new, aspiring children’s book authors and helping them fulfill their dreams. You can learn more about her work at www.MiriamLaundry.com.
Miriam lives in the beautiful Niagara Region in Canada with her husband and four children.