748: Yasmine Mohammed | How the West Empowers Radical Islam Part One
Yasmine Mohammed (@yasmohammedxx) is a human rights activist who advocates for the rights of women living within Muslim-majority countries, as well as those who struggle under religious fundamentalism in general. She is the founder of Free Hearts Free Minds and the author of Unveiled: How Western Liberals Empower Radical Islam. [This is part one of a two-part episode. Be on the lookout for part two later this week!]
What We Discuss with Yasmine Mohammed:
- Why curtailing expression in free societies is the worst possible response to threats made by religious fundamentalists.
- How the same religious text that serves to inspire millions gets interpreted by extremists to justify gruesome acts of terrorism and tyranny.
- How fundamentalist scofflaws abuse the tolerance and goodwill of free societies to drain resources and establish footholds conducive to their extremist ideologies.
- Yasmine shares her story of growing up in a subordinate family of a religiously justified polygynous household — not in some remote, developing nation, but Canada.
- The dangers that women and secular-minded members of a society run by religious extremists face, and why such societies need to be challenged rather than given a free pass to continue their oppression for fear of offending the people in charge and their enablers — often the oppressed, themselves.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/748
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!