75 | Wellness Beyond the Physical: Creating Spiritual, Emotional, and Social Change with Maryam Ajayi
Half healer, half businesswoman Maryam Ajayi is both an Energy Healer who practices the Akashic Records, Breathwork and Reiki, and an Entrepreneur, who is the founder of Dive in Well, which creates space, community, conversations, and change for a more diverse and equitable wellness industry through both on and offline experiences. Based in LA, she is passionate about de-stigmatizing the wellness industry, advocating for inclusive spaces for marginalized communities, and using her voice to empower and uplift others around the world.
In this episode, we talk about …
- Maryam’s backstory and how she came to space she is in
- Spirituality, Spiritual Practices, and Self-Awareness
- Understanding the perspective of others
- Mental, spiritual, physical, and social wellness
- Visit the Dive in Well website
- Follow Maryam Ajayi on Instagram: @maryamajayi
- Follow Dive in Well on Instagram: @diveinwell
- Join the Balanced Black Girl Webinar
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL for 20% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
Tweetable Quotes from Maryam Ajayi:
“The bigger you shine your light, the bigger your shadow is.”
“Why do we as Black women have to be more self-aware than others?”
“Being held accountable is an opportunity to evolve as a human.”
“Start learning who your well ancestors are and tap into them.”
“How could you not be changed when people come and speak their truth, you think about the ideas around it, and you know you have the power in the room to affect change?”
“We are going to reach a peak where we can’t ignore the diversity problem in wellness anymore.”
“Slowing down allows spirit to move through me.”
“Support me by supporting yourself.”
This episode is sponsored by Cantu Beauty.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.