756: Vulnerability: A Key to a Successful Relationship | Q&A w/ Jill Coleman
Relationships are built on trust, but that trust must be maintained over the years with intentional conversations to ensure that both people are on the same page - but how do you approach those conversations in a way that is healthy and promotes open & honest communication so that both of you are comfortable discussing uncomfortable topics?t
What to Listen For
- How did Jill Coleman get into the fitness industry and find her calling?
- What can you do to overcome the negativity when it comes to having a public life?
- How many relationships actually survive infidelity?
- What can you look for to know whether or not it’s worth it to build a friendship with an ex-partner?
- What are the 2 parts to communication and why will your relationship fail if you don’t understand them?
- How do you stay focused on improving yourself rather than getting caught up in trying to fix other people?
- What is the difference between making something your fault and taking responsibility for it?
- What is the 3 S system to have an honest conversation about something you’re struggling to discuss?
- How do you set boundaries with someone when you’re not sure what the relationship is?
- How do you know when to have the conversation about intentions and expectations with someone you’re dating?
- If you’re feeling jealous or insecure about your partner, should you be honest about it?
- Why is it important to be able to trust yourself before you can trust other people?
- How do you deal with toxic relationships when there are children involved?
Trust is an interesting facet of human interaction. We learn about people by having conversations with them, seeing how they react to a variety of events and circumstances, and understanding the way they make us feel. Trust is something that can take weeks, months, or years to build, can be lost in a moment, and sometimes can never be rebuilt.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Fundrise is the future of real estate investing. The platform’s innovations power an investor-first model by eliminating the bloated costs and middlemen that have traditionally weighed down real estate investing — saving you time and money. Visit fundrise.com/aoc to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
Hiring used to be hard. Multiple job sites, stacks of resumes, a confusing review process. But today, hiring can be easy and you only have to go to one place to get it done: ziprecruiter.com/charm. ZipRecruiter is so effective that 4 out of 5 of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day.
Mother’s Day is almost here, and there’s one gift that thousands of moms have been calling the “best gift ever.” It’s called Skylight, and it’s a photo frame you can email photos to—any time, from anywhere. To get $10 off your purchase of a Skylight Frame just go skylightframe.com and use discount code CHARM.
Vistaprint wants you to be able to “Own the Now” in any situation, which is why our listeners will get 500 high-quality, custom business cards starting at $9.99. Use discount code CHARM at Vistaprint.com.
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!