759: Dr. Geoffrey Miller on 5 Signals to Send When Dating
Dating can seem like a torturous uphill battle for many men and women, but it doesn’t have to be - understanding how and why we are attracted to one another can have a significant positive impact on your ability to find happiness in your love life, but how do you take the science behind attraction and use it to make dating fun and engaging?
- What is signaling theory?
- What are fitness indicators and why are they so important to understand in the dating scenario?
- What scientifically is shown to make you more attractive in terms of signaling?
- How much of our behavior is guided by natural selection and what does the answer imply about humanity?
- When you want to dance in a social setting, what is more important than being able to dance well?
- What are many people doing wrong when it comes to their profiles on dating apps?
- What should you include in your dating app profile?
- Should you get professional photos done to use on dating apps?
- Why are we entering a new era of dating and what can you do to ensure you’re able to adapt?
- Why is working out a crucial foundation to start with when it comes to working on yourself from a self-development perspective?
- What is a tender defender and why should you aspire to it?
- What does it mean to stay true to yourself and how might you be interpreting it in a way that sabotages your behavior?
- As a parent, how do you create an environment for your child to develop grit, success, and resilience when they reach the dating age?
Remember that you are alive today because every one of your ancestors was able to find a partner and start a family. You have the genetics to find the relationship you want, but it will likely take work to find it. Not only is it important for you to want to work on yourself for the sake of striving to be the best version of yourself, but it’s also important for potential partners to see that in you, so they know you are open to new ideas and experiences as well as always wanting to work on being the best partner.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Hiring used to be hard. Multiple job sites, stacks of resumes, a confusing review process. But today, hiring can be easy and you only have to go to one place to get it done: ziprecruiter.com/charm. ZipRecruiter is so effective that 4 out of 5 of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day.
Access a World of Knowledge! Unlimited video learning with the World's Greatest Professors at The Great Courses Plus. Start your Free Month trial now by going to thegreatcoursesplus.com/charm.
Proper Cloth makes it EASY for men to buy dress shirts that fit perfectly without setting foot in a store or paying a fortune. Get $20 off your first custom shirt by going to propercloth.com/aoc.
Babbel is the new way to learn a foreign language. You can try Babbel for free. Download the app or text discount code CHARM to 484848.
Resources from this Episode
The Mating Mind by Geoffrey Miller
Check in with AJ and Johnny!