770: Leon Logothetis: Traveling the World Relying on Kindness
Kindness costs you nothing but can change someone’s life forever, even your own - but how do we even define kindness, what does it mean to be genuinely kind, and how can a simple act of kindness have such lasting effects on the people around us?
What to Listen For
- How do you deal with possible regrets when you make major life-changing decisions?
- What is the Kindness Diaries and what inspired Leon Logothetis to start his quest for kindness?
- How do you deal with the pushback that comes from close friends and family when you decide to leave a stable job to pursue your dreams?
- What was it like for Leon Logothetis to approach a stranger for the first time and how has his approach evolved over time?
- How can you use body language to allow strangers to feel comfortable talking to you when approaching them in the middle of the day?
- How does Leon Logothetis choose who he’s going to approach and who he wants to avoid?
- Are kindness and generosity universal or does it vary by culture?
- What was Leon Logothetis’s favorite life-changing moment from the show and what did it teach him?
- How does Leon Logothetis define kindness and what advice does he have for those of us struggling to be kinder in our day to day lives?
- How can you work on being kind if you’ve been taken advantage of in the past?
- How can you be kind and strong at the same time so you don’t get taken advantage of?
As Leon Logothetis put it, “Kindness is helping someone else feel less alone.” Loneliness is a feeling we can all relate to, as we have all felt it at one time or another, and many of us feel it regularly in a world where people are feeling increasingly isolated and disconnected from one another and their communities. Kindness can help to rectify that, even if it means one small act of kindness each day.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Before you go dropping hundreds of dollars on a pair, you need to check out the wireless earbuds from Raycon! Unlike some of your other wireless options, Raycon earbuds are both stylish and discreet, with no dangling wires or stems. And of course, they don’t just look great. They sound great, too. Go to BuyRaycon.com/CHARM to get 15% off your order!
Did you know your teeth move as you get older? Candid - the clear alternative to braces - costs 65% less than braces! Candid has an orthodontist licensed in your state create a treatment plan for you (and Candid only uses experienced orthodontists). You can save thousands of dollars and have straighter, brighter teeth in an average of just six months! Learn more at CandidCo.com/CHARM and use discount code CHARM to get $75 off!
Sun Basket works with the best farms and suppliers to bring you fresh, organic produce and responsibly-sourced meats and seafood. Go to sunbasket.com/artofcharm to get up to $80 off.
Resources from this Episode
Go Be Kind by Leon Logothetis
Check in with AJ and Johnny!