772. How to Make Some Noise & Speak Your Truth with Andrea Owen
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Shedding some light on the dark spots
- Having hard conversations with people
- The ingrained negative patterns we have to break
- Your conditioning vs. your truth
- Read: Make Some Noise: Speak Your Mind & Own Your Strength
- Instagram: @heyandreaowen
- Get three months of free payroll processing at gusto.com/lori
- Text “PODCAST” to 310-496-8363 to get your questions answered on our Q&A segment or get coached on the show!
Andrea Owen is back on the show! And let’s be real, as long as she keeps bringing the fire with her incredible books she will keep on coming back. She’s bringing out the raw, real truth. She talks about her upbringing, living in a family that refused to talk about the hard things in life, coming to terms with that, and learning to share her own story of healing.
- What was the first time you realized you wanted to share life lessons with people?
- What was the moment when you started focusing on the roots of the problem?
- What’s an observation of something in your life that you have to work hard to break?
- What patterns are we passing down to the next generation?
- What are most people struggling with right now?
- What inspired your latest book?
Andrea Owen is an author, global speaker, and professional certified life coach who helps high-achieving women maximize unshakeable confidence, and master resilience. She has taught hundreds of thousands of women tools and strategies to be able to empower themselves to live their most kick-ass life through speaking, her books, coaching, and her wildly popular podcast with close to 3 million downloads.
She is the proud author of How to Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness (which has been translated into 18 languages and is available in 22 countries), as well as her inaugural book, 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve. Her latest book, Make Some Noise: Speak Your Mind and Own Your Strength is coming in August 2021, published by TarcherPerigee/Penguin Random-House.
Andrea is a certified professional co-active coach (CPCC) from The Coaches Training Institute, a professional certified coach (PCC) with The International Coaching Federation, a SHE RECOVERS® coach, as well as a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (a modality based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown). She holds a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a specialty in Health Science from California State University. Andrea has been featured on The Huffington Post Live, xojane.com, NBC, and Entrepreneur.com.
She has facilitated many workshops for girls, hosted by Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty whose efforts inspire and empower women and girls to live confidently and change the world around them. In addition, Andrea has been sober for close to a decade and is active in the world of recovery.
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or writing books, Andrea is busy riding her Peloton bike, chasing her two school-aged children, or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player, having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
Learn more about Andrea at andreaowen.com and join the fun and wisdom at facebook.com/yourkickasslife and instagram.com/yourkickasslife.