80: Standard Library Preview Package
The Swift of tomorrow... today! The Standard Library Preview Package would allow you to try out upcoming Swift features before they officially ship with new language versions.
- Proposal: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0264-stdlib-preview-package.md
- Forum: https://forums.swift.org/t/pitch-standard-library-preview-package/27202
- Babeljs: https://babeljs.io
- SE-0220: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0220-count-where.md
- How to Read the Swift Standard Library Source: https://oleb.net/blog/2016/10/swift-stdlib-source/
Thanks to this episode's Sponsors
Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together so that teams can focus on what matters – creating products their customers love.
With a simple API and robust set of integrations, Clubhouse seamlessly integrates with the tools you use every day, getting out of your way so that you can deliver quality software on time.
Listeners of Swift Unwrapped can sign up for two free months of Clubhouse by visiting https://clubhouse.io/swiftunwrapped
Get in Touch
If you're enjoying the show and want to say thank you, the best way to do that is by leaving us a review on iTunes! It lets us know what you think of the show and helps us climb the charts so other people can find the show.
We've also got a channel set up on Spectrum.chat! If you want to talk about today's episode, ask us a question or just follow the conversation, jump in anytime at spectrum.chat/specfm/swift-unwrapped