801. How to Set Boundaries & Make Peace in Your Relationships with Nedra Tawwab
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- How to know when you need to set boundaries
- Overcoming the fear of setting boundaries
- Getting better at saying no
- Having clarity in your boundaries
- Getting over perfectionism in your relationships
- Ending friendships
- Read: "Set Boundaries, Find Peace"
- Instagram: @nedratawwab
- Get started with Issuu for free or get 50% off a premium account at issuu.com/podcast and use promo code LORI\
- Get 25% off your first purchase at liquidiv.com and use promo code HAPPY
- Visit litepink.com and sign up for the email newsletter to be a part of an amazing tablescape sweepstakes!
- Text PODCAST to 310-496-8363 to get your questions answered on our Q&A segment or get coached on the show!
Nedra Tawwab is all about helping people create healthy relationships, not just with others but with themselves. She’s a strong believer in the power of boundaries and teaches that a lack of assertiveness is at the root of most relationship issues. You don’t have to lose yourself to be in a thriving relationship – in fact, you’re not doing anyone a favor when you neglect your needs for the needs of others. She helps us find what it means to experience the true and profound freedom of being yourself.
- What do you do and how did you become so passionate about this topic?
- What are the clues that you are in desperate need of some boundaries?
- What are the main fears people face when it comes to setting boundaries and how do we get around them?
- How do you share boundaries in a way that people understand your intentions?
- How can you get better at saying no?
- How does it feel on the other side of difficult conversations?
- How did you become okay with not liking everything in your life?
- How do you know when to end a friendship?
Nedra Glover Tawwab, a licensed therapist and sought-after relationship expert, has practiced relationship therapy for twelve years and is the founder and owner of the group therapy practice Kaleidoscope Counseling. She has been recently featured in The New York Times, The Guardian, Psychology Today, Self, and Vice, and has appeared on numerous podcasts, including Don't Keep Your Day Job, Do the Thing, and Therapy for Black Girls. Tawwab runs a popular Instagram account where she shares practices, tools, and reflections for mental health and hosts weekly Q&As about boundaries and relationships. She lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, with her family.