81: The Badger Stack
Chris' Raspberry Pi server is dead, and Alex has a few ideas for his next build.
Special Guest: Brent Gervais.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- CloudFree.shop: CloudFree Smart Plug – Runs Tasmota for $9. Use code SELFHOSTED and support the show. Promo Code: SELFHOSTED
- You can't buy a Raspberry Pi right now — ...or at least, not without a lot of patience or a fat wallet.
- Matter is now official! — The Connectivity Standards Alliance has certified and released the first version of the Matter smart home interoperability protocol Tuesday and I couldn’t be happier.
- Paulus Schoutsen on Twitter — Ladies and gentlemen, we've got it! That's the first release.
- Invoice Ninja — Focus on doing what you love. We’ll help with the invoicing.
- Docker files for Invoice Ninja — Introducing our very own Helm Chart that helps you launch a simple standalone app to a production-ready, highly available Invoice Ninja setup.
- InvoicePlane — InvoicePlane is a self-hosted open source application for managing your quotes, invoices, clients and payments.
- Cloudflare Zero Trust and Yubico — Yubico is providing Security Keys at “Good for the Internet” pricing - as low as $10 per key. Yubico will ship the keys to customers directly.
- SSH with YubiKey
- Bitwarden Two-step Login via YubiKey
- expanse — fully selfhosted multi-user web app for externally storing Reddit items (saved, created, upvoted, downvoted, hidden) to bypass Reddit's 1000-item listing limits
- Use Bitwarden to Generate Email Aliases with Fastmail — As of the September release, the Bitwarden username generator now supports creating email aliases
- netbird — NetBird is an open-source VPN management platform built on top of WireGuard® making it easy to create secure private networks for your organization or home.
- RuneAudio — RuneAudio is a free and open source software that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players.
- Volumio - The Audiophile Music Player — A very powerful and convenient music aggregator, now Volumio can also be used with great results in all sorts of different situations.
- snapcast: Synchronous multiroom audio player — Snapcast is a multiroom client-server audio player, where all clients are time synchronized with the server to play perfectly synced audio. It's not a standalone player, but an extension that turns your existing audio player into a Sonos-like multiroom solution.
- ConBee II Zigbee USB Gateway — Universal Zigbee USB gateway integrates Zigbee products across manufacturers
- Slaesh Zigbee 3.0 USB Stick - CloudFree — Recommended by Zigbee2MQTT
- Badgers Stack — A new page for May 2022, here's a high level overview snapshot of PMS as it stands today.
- Install Proxmox VE on Debian 11 Bullseye — The installation of a supported Proxmox VE server should be done via bare-metal ISO installer. In some cases it makes sense to install Proxmox VE on top of a running Debian Bullseye 64-bit, especially if you want a custom partition layout. For this How-To any official Bullseye installation medium should work.
- ironicbadger/infra: 99.9% less leaked credentials
- Send a Boost with a New Podcast App — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store