84: Creating community around the dinner table with Christine Bailey
You may have heard about the benefits of having a family meal time, but the reality of living in the modern world can make it a challenge to create that space.
Mealtimes are not only for nourishing our bodies, but they are also times to cultivate connections with family and friends. On this episode of The Balanced Life, Christine Bailey joins me to discuss tips to help you slow down periodically to create a special time to enjoy family and friends around the table
Christine Bailey is a writer, social entrepreneur, and regenerative farmer who cultivates a life of nourishment and community and inspires others to do the same. Listen to our conversation as we chat about her journey to farming life, building connections around meals, and the transformation that takes place when people consciously slow down to eat together.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in...
- Christine's journey from the music industry to the farm table [1:22 ]
- How Christine is involved with Lindywell [7:53 ]
- Creating meaningful family meal times [13:00 ]
- The communal experience of Kindred dinners [22:08 ]
- How people transform when they slow down to eat together [24:39 ]
- Fun rapid-fire questions [34:48 ]
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Christine Bailey
- The Kindred Farm
- BOOK - The Kindred Life by Christine Marie Bailey
- Kindred Life Podcast
- @organicstine Christine on Instagram
- @thekindredfarm The Kindred Farm on Instagram
Subscribe to The Balanced Life