87: Paths to Parametrization - from one test to many
There's a cool feature of pytest called parametrization.
It's totally one of the superpowers of pytest.
It's actually a handful of features, and there are a few ways to approach it.
Parametrization is the ability to take one test, and send lots of different input datasets into the code under test, and maybe even have different output checks, all within the same test that you developed in the simple test case.
Super powerful, but something since there's a few approaches to it, a tad tricky to get the hang of.
- git branch — -a : list all branches, -r : just remotes
- pytest changelog
- pytest deprecations and removals
- Python Testing with pytest — Test function parametrization is in chapter 2. Fixture parametrization is in chapter 3.
- Parametrizing test functions — pytest documentation
- pytest fixtures — pytest documentation