88: What to Expect in the NICU and how to participate in care and foster your baby's development
In honor of NICU awareness month, I welcome two medical professionals who work hard in taking care of our precious babies in the NICU.
I welcome Dr. Kate Rubey (@drkater on Instagram) who is a Neonatologist. We discuss:
- Interventions that are done in the NICU
- What happens on NICU rounds
- What she wishes every parent would know about the NICU
I also welcome Katie Ross (@bloominglittles on Instagram) who is an Occupational Therapist in the Neonatal ICU. We discuss:
- Five ways parents can support their baby's development in the NICU
- How to participate in care in the NICU
This episode is brought to you by:
THE NEW MOM SURVIVAL GUIDE: The first digital e-course/community created and founded by a Pediatrician mom to guide you and your baby through their first year. To find out more and to join, visit: http://pedsdoctalk.com/survival-guide.