9: Nick Goddard - Spinetic Energy - Mass Production Of Onshore Wind Energy
Nick Goddard is the co-founder and commercial director of Spinetic Energy Ltd, a company devoted to developing an exciting clean tech solution through the use of the Wind Panel. Their automotive inspired approach allows mass production at a low cost, creating an effective small-scale wind energy solution.
- The advantage of combining different personal skills when building a team
- Repurposing past experiences into new projects
- Creating mass production of components is driving cost down
- The benefits of financial stability when deciding to work full time for a start-up business
- Ensuring strong personal relationships with contacts you admire rather than making contacts purely to gain popularity
- How start-up businesses can benefit from a hierarchical structure over total democracy
[01:38 ] Who is Nick Goddard? An introduction to Spinetic
[03:15 ] Nick’s career journey leading up to Spinetic
[05:48 ] The importance of human relationships and combining personal skills
[09:35 ] Taking a fundamentally different approach to achieve success
[12:55 ] How age and experience can reduce the risk of a ‘leap of faith moment’
[14:45 ] How the opportunity of well-paid jobs affects the amount of entrepreneurial activity in the UK today
[15:30 ] Nick’s tips on how to go full time and create interest
[16:49 ] Using social media to raise your profile vs ensuring foundational engineering with substance
[19:27 ] How to approach the investment market and build trust with potential investors
[23:00 ] Building a team and the importance of personal connections
[26:33 ] Nick’s personal mission
[28:37 ] How will Spinetic impact the future and on what scale?
[31:34 ] Where does Nick see himself 10 years from now?
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store