#9 - ADA Standards of Care with Dr. Robert Gabbay (ADA Chief Scientific & Medical Officer)
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
ADA Standards of Care – Dr. Robert Gabbay (ADA Chief Scientific & Medical Officer)
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
• What are the ADA Standards of Care?
• What have been the newest changes to the treatment algorithm type 2 diabetes? What new data from clinical trials lead to these changes?
• What are the current guidelines for starting insulin and how have they changed for T2D?
• What do these guidelines provide in terms of access?
• What do these guidelines suggest for weight loss as a goal?
• What is the first question your provider should ask when evaluating you?
• What are the guidelines around pregnancy for women with type 1?
• What factors go into deciding the right insulin regimen for someone with T1D?
ADA Standards of Care Resources: https://professional.diabetes.org/content-page/practice-guidelines-resources
**Tune in for 2 new episodes each month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★