9 Dunkirk Diaries of Major Leslie Petch OBE WWII
"Champagne and scrambled eggs for supper!"
- The personal war diary and letters home from Major Petch offer a unique glimpse into the lives of the British soldiers during Dunkirk in 1940.
- "It'll all be over when it gets hotter" was the prevailing opinion.
- This changed in a matter of days as the weather did get hotter but the soldiers began a desperate fight for their lives in the face of Hitler's blitzkreig.
- A dramatic blow by blow account of the Major's writings.
- Would they get off the beaches at Dunkirk?
- Furious - Fascinating - Funny.
The first in a special WWII Dunkirk series. Recommended that you also listen to Podcast Episode 1 in this series - Bill Cheall's story of the beaches.
Great unpublished history!
Show notes at www.FightingThroughPodcast.co.uk
Please rate and review - Thanks!
Subscribe - don't miss out
Please note that photos below may or may not display depending on which listening platform you’re using
41 A last coffee with Wilf Shaw, WW2 history
40 Four Brits & a Frenchman at Dunkirk plus Gallipoli
39 Stan Perry Listener Feedback and Quiz
38 Sergeant Eion McEwan - Paras WWII
36 WW2 Tank Captain Stanley Perry PART ONE
37 WW2 Tank Captain Stanley Perry PART TWO
35 Freddie Linacre WW2 veteran interview
34 Wartime Holidays WW2
33 Wartime Recipes and WRENS in WW2
32 Women at War, WW2
31 Child of War - An interview with Volker Wehrum, WW2
30 Queen Mary in WW2
29 Prisoner of War in WWII
28 Wilf Shaw RIP Tribute
27 Veterans Bennett and Cheall remember D-Day WWII
25 Sgt Rufty Hill meets Winston Churchill in WWII
24 Christmas at War, Bill Cheall
23 Wilf Shaw - WWII army veteran interview 3
22 Wilf Shaw - WWII army veteran interview 2