9. How Do I Talk to My Kids About Their Mental Health? With Lily Cornell Silver
Lily Cornell Silver knows that being in your 20s is hard. Being in your 20s and navigating COVID-19, college, grief, and your mental health can feel completely overwhelming. Lily, a 21-year-old mental health advocate, and Claire talk about how open, honest conversations with Lily’s mom, Susan Silver, are a key part of her mental health regimen, including as Lily continues to process losing her dad, Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell, to suicide. This week’s practice is all about mental health and self-care — for parents and for kids, in your 20s and beyond.
Want to connect? Join the New Day Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/newdaypod
Resources from the show
- The Jed Foundation provides resources for protecting the emotional health and preventing suicide for teens and young adults.
- If you’re a parent or a friend of someone struggling with their mental health, check out The National Council for Well Being.
- Have you had suicidal thoughts? Check out Now Matters Now for support.
- Read To Write Love On Her Arms mental health blog.
Learn more about today's guest:
- Listen to Lily’s podcast, “Mind Wide Open” where she interviews guests of all types that speak to their struggles with mental health and moments of grief, trauma, depression, etc.
Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows go to lemonadamedia.com/sponsors.
Did you try one of these weekly practices? We want to hear about it! Call 833-4-LEMONADA (833-453-6662) or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to lemonadamedia.com/show/newday/ shortly after the air date.
Follow Claire on IG and FB @clairebidwellsmith or Twitter @clairebidwell and visit her website: www.clairebidwellsmith.com
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.