90: “The essence of app architecture”, with special guest Matt Gallagher
Matt Gallagher, creator of Cocoa with Love, returns to the show to discuss how the introduction of SwiftUI and Combine has impacted how apps are architected on Apple’s platforms, and what sort of principles that are good to keep in mind when designing a solid app architecture.
- Bitrise: Fast, stable and highly customizable continuous integration. Automatically build, test and distribute your app on every single commit that you make. Get started for free at bitrise.io/swift.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Matt on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Cocoa with Love
- Matt’s previous appearance on the show
- Published properties
- Function/result builders
- SE-0298: Async/Await: Sequences
- Futures and Promises
- Connecting and merging Combine publishers
- The objc.io App Architecture book
- Matt’s articles about SwiftUI app architecture
- Unit testing
- View models
- SwiftUI’s state management system
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk