92: Rip it all Out
Find out why Alex ripped out everything installed last episode and is starting fresh with new gear, wires, and a new goal.
Special Guest: Brent Gervais.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 3 users and 100 devices for free.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 — October 20-22, 2023, Bellingham Technical College. LFNW2023: ❝Your Fest is Back!❞
- Alex Network Diagram v4 — A updated version of Alex's network diagram.
- Dell Refurbished — promo code: 7050DELL4U 50% off and free shipping!
- Use 1 PiKVM instance to control 4 systems — One PiKVM able to control and view up to 4 systems at once.
- Newish M720q OPNsense firewall in the making — Just the software left. Lenovo Tiny M720q with an i5-8500T and 256gb NVME SSD and Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S dual SFP+ card. Wicked good and fitting bracket made by /u/kz476 Big shoutout to him. Awesome little package
- Authentication bypass Supervisor API — A remotely exploitable vulnerability bypassing authentication for accessing the Supervisor API through Home Assistant has been discovered.
- CVE - CVE-2023-27482 — This impacts all Home Assistant installation types that use the Supervisor 2023.01.1 or older.
- Pockethernet — A smartphone connected Ethernet network analyzer & cable tester that fits into your pocket
- Klein Tools VDV526-200 Cable Tester — Alex's new cable tester.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show from the web! First, top off Alby, then head over to the Podcast Index and Boost away! 🥳
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store