92: The Missing Ingredient in Your Wellness Routine, Kiesha Yokers
Today, Kiesha, Head of Breathwork and Somatic Programs at Lindywell, and I are taking a deep dive into incorporating breathwork into our wellness routines to reset our nervous systems into the parasympathetic state so that we can truly relax and rest our bodies.
By the end of this episode, you may be so connected with your breath that you’ll already feel the calm enveloping you. If you are ready to harness the power of your nervous system and access your inner calm you can’t miss this episode.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in...
- The power of the nervous system [8:22 ]
- Accessing the slowness in your life [13:24 ]
- The definition of dissociation [19:38 ]
- Getting back to calm from fight or flight [23:44 ]
- Our next Pilates and breathwork challenge [31:00 ]
- If breathwork is woo-woo? [39:50 ]
- If breathwork is new [44:47 ]
- Understanding why breathwork can be intimidating [48:28 ]
- The primary benefits of breathwork [53:00 ]
- How to get started implementing a breathwork routine [54:50 ]
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Kiesha Yokers
- Kiesha at Lindywell
- Episode 79 - Using breathwork as a path to wellness with Kiesha Yokers
Subscribe to The Balanced Life