93: “Combine and Core Data”, with special guest Donny Wals
Donny Wals, book author and iOS developer at Disney Streaming Services, joins John to give practical tips on Combine and Core Data. How to manage and test increasingly complex Combine pipelines, and how come the opinions on Core Data are so divisive? Also, working on internal SDKs and frameworks, and taking a pragmatic approach to unit testing.
- Emerge: A new tool that can help you visualize and reduce your app’s binary size. Visit emergetools.com to learn more, and to request a demo.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now also supports ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Donny on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Practical Combine
- Practical Core Data
- The 2019 holiday special
- Unit testing
- Donny’s try! Swift talk about Core Data
- Connecting and merging Combine publishers
- The Publisher protocol
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Combine’s Future type
- Building your own Futures and Promises system
- Building custom Combine publishers
- Unit testing asynchronous code
- Unit testing Combine-based code
- Core Data’s perform API
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk