96: “Gesture-driven animations”, with special guest Adam Bell
Adam Bell returns to the show to talk about animations, both how to make great use of the built-in animation tools that the iOS SDK ships with, but also how to drive custom, gesture-driven animation logic and the sort of performance optimizations that are typically required when writing that sort of code.
- MacStadium: The leading provider of cloud solutions built on real Mac hardware. Get started at macstadium.com/sundell.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Adam on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- The previous episode with Adam
- Core Animation
- Time complexity
- Imagine Engine
- Swift’s @_specialize attribute
- Static vs dynamic dispatch in Swift
- Swift’s @inlinable attribute
- SwiftUI’s animation API
- Detecting whether the “reduce motion” accessibility setting is enabled
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk