#99: How You Doin’?
In Episode 99, Quinn & Brian, with help from Inverse.com, ask: how are YOU feeling?
Our guest is: Ali Pattillo, a health and science reporter at Inverse.com and co-producer of The Abstract podcast. Supplements, metabolism boosters, miracle cures: Ali covers just about anything that can be put on or in your body and makes any health-based claims. In other words, she debunks all of the things that Brian buys online instead of reading books.
There are few journalists who do a better job at not just reporting on science news but explaining it in a way that is digestible, understandable, and practical for idiots like the two of us. And this is a service that really can’t be undervalued. You don’t have to go very far on your timeline to find someone jumping to conclusions or misinterpreting facts — and that can have dire consequences when it comes to your health, especially in the virus-assisted end times that we’re living through. Our conversation focuses on the mental health side of things and how 2020 has catalyzed a staggering epidemic of depression, but on the bright side, magic mushrooms might be part of the solution.
Have feedback or questions? Tweet us, or send a message to email@example.com
Important Book Club:
- "Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman" by Yvon Chouinard
- Read Ali’s work at Inverse.com
- Listen: The Abstract
- Instagram: instagram.com/alipattillo
- Twitter: twitter.com/alipattillo
- “Wildland Firefighters Are Burning Out”
- “Cold Comfort” (Wim Hof Method)
- “Cancer Patients Say Psilocybin Can Be Both Therapy And 'a Beautiful Experience'”
- Alex's Lemonade Stand
Connect with us:
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ImportantNotImp
- Follow Quinn: twitter.com/quinnemmett
- Follow Brian: twitter.com/briancolbertken
- Like and share us on Facebook: facebook.com/ImportantNotImportant
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane: timblane.com
Important, Not Important is produced by Crate Media