17. A Buzzsaw Made Of Bananas
- April is Jim's wife again and still a Beast Lord.
- John is a Mystery.
- 2:25 Create a D&D character right now
- 12:51 Being friends with people who are more than ten years older/younger than you: not weird until suddenly it is?
- Teaching English in Japan. https://www.internationalteflacademy.com/teach-english-in-japan
- Nova. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_(eikaiwa)
- 24:31 Being in another country and seeing a person from your own country: is a head nod appropriate or not?
- 30:05 You can get Big Mike bananas from a specialty dealer in Miami
- 43:04 Relational memory/mind palaces/file structures from long-retired computers
- 46:37 What's your preferred method for migrating your stuff from your old computer to your new computer?
- 56:43 Willow asks: "Methods for assembling great salads"
- Refusing to be a Topic Lord because you're just on Topic Lords to promote your alternative podcast Beast Lords.
- Not having anyone to plug this time either but maybe you have a Soundcloud somewhere.
- Choosing all of your topics while driving to the zoo.
- Containing multitudes and being super excited.
- A band of adventurers being led by an operatic soprano.
- A party of all bards.
- Appropriating spam musubi because it's delicious.
- Not technically being part of a band of adventurers but you play a tambourine and own the van.
- Stealing the spam musubi from your bass player's bag of holding because they're going to go bad eventually.
- Keeping both gold coins and spam musubi in the same bag of holding and having to dig around for the money when you buy anything.
- Finally having a dog on this podcast.
- Putting your dead dog in every D&D party you're in for the rest of your life.
- Putting your dead dog in every platformer you make for the rest of your life.
- All your D&D adventures going wrong because you're just musicians and can't actually deal with monsters.
- Putting monsters onto the bus to the next town over.
- Putting a fishtank bubbler on your bag of holding so all the monsters in there can breathe.
- Fixing it then ruining it.
- Coming to your chosen profession late in your life.
- Age gaps getting less weird as time goes on.
- Thinking about watching new TV to be able to relate to young people and deciding nobody has that kind of time.
- Old people being full of stories from their lives.
- Not talking to your friend as much as you used to because she lives in Ohio now.
- Spending your retirement taking care of dogs.
- Responding to difficult situations with grace and tact.
- Stopping going to work because they stopped paying you.
- The English teacher bubble in Japan.
- Seeing the only other white person for a mile in any direction and wondering if you should nod at them.
- Seeing the only other white person for a mile in any direction and thinking "frickin Americans!"
- Not wanting to talk to strangers except in your favorite coffee shop.
- Telling your wife something a week ago and then finding out it's a myth and having to correct her on a podcast.
- Bananas being especially susceptible to disease.
- Replacing the Cavendish banana with an even shittier banana after it succumbs.
- Hiding your bananas because if your son sees them he won't be able to think about anything else.
- Giving your son bananas because he already poops enough.
- Foot-long avocados.
- A giant box of intimidating tropical fruit being the best Christmas gift.
- Drinking soursop juice tasting flights at a Mexican restaurant.
- Bananas that look like a buzzsaw made of bananas.
- Your infant son seeing a rambutan and realizing that maybe some things don't go in your mouth.
- Haunted fruit.
- Remembering trauma that happened when you were way too young to remember stuff.
- Visiting your dad in prison and he's wearing fake shoes.
- Riding in the back of a pickup truck and sharing Now & Laters with your older sister.
- The US government deciding that televising court trials is a terrible idea after televising the OJ Simpson trial.
- Knowing when a thing happened because you remember where it happened.
- Trying to construct a mind palace like Hannibal and Sherlock and after a day of hard work deciding you don't need to remember anything that badly.
- Yelling "story math!" when you correctly predict a story beat.
- Realizing at the end of the episode that he's been inside his mind palace the entire time.
- Copying your old hard drive onto the new one always working until one day you get an SSD drive and nothing fits.
- Paying Dropbox money to get more storage and Dropbox starting to spam you about features you don't care about.
- Only having a laptop to more effectively play your favorite web game.
- Most people not really having any use for a desktop PC any more.
- Having to remember life milestones differently because your life has settled down.
- Liking a salad that doesn't have any lettuce in it.
- Never having so badly wanted to go make a salad.
- Peeling cucumbers so you don't get Cucumber Gas.
- A hot cucumber.
- Flashing your King.com CEO badge to get into the food truck even.
- The burger joint offering you a salad with cheddar cheese crumbles on it and it turns out to just be a slice of cheddar they broke into a few pieces.
- Crisping cheddar cheese in the broiler and throwing away the rest of your meal because you've peaked.
- Trying to convince your wife that if you add mayo to a cheese plate it becomes a salad.
- Not understanding when the young folks talk about going to sleep.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store