A Discovery of Witches - Season 2, Episode 3
There is so much happening in this episode! Our bargain basement Philippe (Father Hubbard), accepts Matthew's confession and plea for forgiveness -- and Father Hubbard is willing to take it (with the offer of a good word to Philippe). Diana visits Mary Sidney in her lab, and learns that there may be a path to the book that both her and Matthew seek! Where does this path lead? It leads to John Dee and his vast library.
As we follow this long and winding path with Diana and Matthew in the past (which eventually leads to our introduction to QE1 & Gallowglass), we must remember that in present-day things are continuing to happen in our timey-wimey sh*tstorm! We visit Domenico, Gerbert and Emily to see what they are up to, and what that adds to the larger story.
Thanks to Samantha Reaves for sponsoring this episode, and to all, please enjoy...
- Season 2 Shout Out! -- tell us your thoughts on this episode, the actors, the sets, or the series as a whole! It's up to you!
- Mary Sidney's Hilliard Portrait
- Milo Twomey - Pierre
- Tom Hughes - (Kit Marlowe -- announced at All Souls Con -- see announcement)
- Holly Aird - Françoise
- Stephen Cree - Gallowglass
- Sheila Hancock - Goody Alsop
- Paul Rhys - Father Hubbard
- Amanda Hale - Mary Sidney
- Aisling Loftus - Susanna Norman
- Barbara Marten - Queen Elizabeth
- Joshua Pickering - Jack Blackfriers
- Lois Chimimba - Catherine Streeter
- Victoria Yeates - Elizabeth Jackson
- Amy McAllister - Marjorie Cooper
- Struan Rodger - John Dee
- Gregg Chillin - Domenico Michele
- Trevor Eve - Gerbert D'Aurillac
- The real figures behind the characters: John Dee, Queen Elizabeth I, Matthew Roydon, William Cecil, Mary Sidney, Christopher Marlowe
- Join us on Patreon (as little as $2 monthly will gain you access to extra episodes + different level incentives for those who join at higher tiers!)
- A Discovery of Witches TV News info (Continually updated; scenes, sets, trailer video, official photographs, casting + more)
- Become a Discusser (contact info located there as well)
- Email us directly: DaemonsDiscuss@gmail.com
- Call & Leave a voicemail! 1 (360) 519-7836 or hit us up on SpeakPipe
- Our Podcast Page: DaemonsDiscuss.com
- Our Main Site: DaemonsDomain.com
- Social Media: Twitter - @DaemonsDiscuss, Facebook - Daemons Discuss & Instagram - @daemonsdiscuss
- To join our private, listener-only Facebook group, apply here: Join Daemonic Discussers The "word" is "F*cking Firedrake"
- To see/hear all of our chapter reviews, check out this list: Chapter Review Episodes
- TV show reviews? Go here: A Discovery of Witches TV Reviews
- To check out all of our episodes go here: Daemons Discuss! Full Episode List
- Get your Daemon merch here: go.DaemonsDiscuss.com/shop -- and for 2020, our enamel FTSIO pins (+ masks and T-shirts) can be found here: go.DaemonsDiscuss.com/FTSIO2020
*DISCLAIMER: Daemons Discuss! (by extension, Daemons Domain) is independent, non-profit, and is not affiliated with BadWolf, SkyOne, NowTV, SundanceNow, Shudder or any of the production/broadcast entities associated with A Discovery of Witches. All audio clips from the show/soundtrack during our episode reviews are used strictly for commentary; categorically, according to U.S. copyright law, this method falls under Fair Use.
* Intro music: "Ghost Dance" (edited down to second chorus) by Kevin Macleod, licensed for use by Creative Commons.
* Outro music: Rimsky-Korsakov - "Scheherazade Symphonic Suite for Orchestra Op.35 - IV. Allegro molto," Public domain/copyright-free.
* All other music used is licensed via several different royalty-free sources (as are sound effects).
* "Save it for the Show" segment introduction voice-over by Devyn Grendell
* Cover art (+ all variations associated w/ it): © Daemons Domain
* The Daemons Discuss podcast is hosted and produced by the owners (Angela, Jean and Valerie) of Daemons Domain and can also be found by entering the url http://www.DaemonsDiscuss.com in your browser, (listed on the various podcast syndicates like iTunes, Stitcher, etc.) which will redirect you back to the parent site, Daemons Domain.
* FTC: Our podcast episodes are solely sponsored by listeners via Patreon.
* Our episode titles are a loving tribute to the show "Friends" just 'cause we love Friends and - let's face it - it's easier! Here's how one of the show creators explains their reasoning:
Jeff Greenstein: "When Marta & David & Jeff & I did 'Dream On', we used to spend a lot of time thinking about titles, because they were on-screen at the top of each episode. On "Friends", we decided that was a waste of time. We figured, why not name each episode after the thing that people will ostensibly be talking about around the water-cooler the next day?"
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.