A Hybrid Cloud Look Ahead for 2021
Brandon Whichard (@bwhichard, Offer Manager @DXC + Co-Host of @SoftwareDefTalk) talks about the evolution of Hybrid Cloud, common deployment misperceptions and challenges, and major areas for improvement in 2021.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Okta - You should not be building your own Auth
- Learn how Okta helped Cengage improve student success rates during COVID.
- BMC Wants to Know if your business is on its A-Game
- BMC Autonomous Digital Enterprise
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- Red Hat Hybrid Cloud
- VMware Hybrid Cloud
- AWS Hybrid Cloud
- Azure Multi and Hybrid Cloud
- Google Hybrid and Multicloud
Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show. Tell the audience a little bit about what you do in the day job, and then a little bit about Software Defined Talk.
Topic 2 - 10yrs ago, the software and hardware vendors created the concept of hybrid cloud, partially as a defense against public cloud, and partially as a reality check for existing usage. Now we have the public cloud rolling out both hybrid and multi-cloud offerings. How did we get here?
Topic 3 - As you talk to different companies, what’s the reality of Hybrid Cloud today? What is it, what do companies expect it to be, etc?
Topic 4 - What’s the biggest misperception about Hybrid Cloud that you’ve seen over the years and that you seen now (could be different things)?
Topic 5 - What parts of Hybrid Cloud do you expect to gain traction over the next couple of years?
Topic 6 - What areas do you see missing from a Hybrid Cloud architecture/approach today that need to be addressed?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet