A Lil Help with Boys and Screens :: David Thomas [Bonus]
David Thomas and I talked for SOOOO long in our interview because he's the BEST. The last part of our convo was specific to handling screen time with boys. The DMA team figured we could shorten the main episode by releasing this part separately. Of course, David and I did not cover every angle of managing technology (people write whole books on that topic). But I hope it helps you feel less alone in the struggle and empowered to do a few things:
- Create a Family Media Plan (or at least use the media calculator)--see links below
- Discuss what creative things your family has done outside of screen time. After reminiscing, brainstorm new ideas.
- Ask your son about one of his favorite video games. Perhaps sit down and play one with him. Let me know how it goes.
- AAP family media time calculator and Media Plan
- Among Us game
- Mafia group game
- List of Movie Recs by Raising Boys and Girls (a page on my site, not on IG for you non-Instagram peeps)
- Time and Space for Flourishing in a Tech World :: Andy Crouch [Ep 208]