A healthy gut could be the key to happiness, let me show you how you can begin to heal yourself
Creating Your Own Recipe for Healing with Samantha Simpson
Episode S2E1: Show Notes.
Healing does not look the same for everyone. Something that works for you, might be totally unhealthy for another person. This is why it is important to find practices that allow your body to heal itself. Today's guest, Samantha Simpson, is a posture and yoga coach and a health speaker based in Indianapolis and has gone on her own incredible healing journey that she wants to share with others. In this episode, Samantha dives into the radical paradigm of alignment she practices and teaches, called bowspring. We hear about how it differs from modern yoga and why it is so beneficial. Samantha then opens up about her health struggles and the different modalities she used to ultimately heal herself and find happiness once more. When your physical health suffers, it impacts every aspect of your life. We also talk about the importance of removing the stigma around conversations about pelvic floor and elimination problems, gut health and some of the emerging findings, and different types of stress and how we can deal with them. Our bodies are truly incredible in all that they can do and their capacity to heal. If we know how to tap into this innate bodily wisdom, the possibilities are infinite.
Key Points From This Episode:
• Get to know Samantha and the radical style of alignment she teaches called Bowspring.
• The differences between Bowspring and modern postural yoga.
• Common pelvic floor problems that many of us suffer from due to poor posture.
• Samantha’s inspiring story of healing and the different modalities she used.
• How Samantha learned about neurofeedback from her cat.
• Pelvic floor tightness is veiled in shame, so we need to have open discussions about it.
• Hear about the workshops Samantha runs and how she has helped others heal.
• The importance of treating the root cause of illness rather than just the symptoms.
• Emerging research around gut health and how it affects our overall health.
• Work Samantha has done with people on the autism spectrum and those with ADHD.
• Different types of stress and the range of triggers Samantha has seen.
• How to tune into your triggers and the way that your body responds.
• Samantha’s self-care practices and things she does every day to care for herself.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Samantha Simpson on Facebook
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)