AE 1001 - Cock vs Cork | Advanced Pronunciation Lesson /ɔ/ vs /oː/
👉 33% off the Australian Pronunciation Course :https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/apc33
👉 Download the FREE PDF Worksheet: https://bit.ly/AE_1001_FreeWorksheet
👉 Listen to this episode on the podcast: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/1001
👉 Join my 5-Day FREE English Course: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/free-course/
👉 Join the Premium Podcast here & access 900+ episodes: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
Here's another superb advanced English pronunciation lesson for you guys!
In this episode, I am going to teach you the difference between the /ɔ/ and /oː/ sounds.
The /ɔ/ sound is more formally known as the open-mid back rounded vowel.
On the other hand, the /oː/ sound is known as the close-mid back rounded vowel.
Let's call them the long and short O sounds of the Australian English pronunciation key.
First, I will teach you how to say words with the /ɔ/ sound.
Then, I will teach you how to say words with the /oː/ sound.
We will then practice saying minimal pairs -- yes, like cock vs cork!
And finally, listen up well because I will give you an exercise to see if you can identify the long and short O sounds with some selected words.
Hope this video helps you guys!
Don't forget to download your FREE PDF Worksheet here
Need to level up your English speaking skills? Check this awesome deal here
Improve your listening skills today – listen, play, & pause this episode – and start speaking like a native English speaker!
If you're someone learning Australian English as a second language and you want to improve your pronunciation, reduce your foreign accent and sound more like an Australian when you speak English, check out my content at Aussie English - www.aussieenglish.com.au
And grab my Australian Pronunciation Course here - www.aussieenglish.com.au/courses
australianaccent #aussieenglish #learnenglishwithpete #australianenglish #learnenglishonline #aprenderinglêsonline #learnenglish #aussieenglishacademy #australianpodcast #languagepodcast
| SUBSCRIBE TO AE |
| FOLLOW AE |
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/theaussieenglishpodcast/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/australia_english/
- Website - https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Aussie_English
| ENGLISH COURSES |
- Australian English Pronunciation - https://aussieenglish.com.au/australian-pronunciation-course/
- Phrasal Verbs - https://aussieenglish.com.au/effortless-phrasal-verb-course/
- Spoken English - https://aussieenglish.com.au/spoken-english-course/
| AE ACADEMY |
- Join here - https://aussieenglish.com.au/academy/
| AE PODCAST |
- Free Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/podcast-episodes/
- Premium Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/the-premium-podcast/
*** Music from Artlist - License Number 524222 ***