AE 1023 - Expression: A Fish Out of Water
👉 Download the FREE PDF Worksheet: https://bit.ly/AE_1023_FreeWorksheet
👉 Listen to this episode on the podcast: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/1023
👉 Join my 5-Day FREE English Course: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/free-course/
👉 Join the Premium Podcast here & access 900+ episodes: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
Hey, you mob!
Here is another English expression to add to your growing list of vocabulary!
In this episode, I will teach you about the English expression "like a fish out of water"!
Maybe you've seen a fish pulled out of the water. It wriggles and flops around, right? How do you think the fish "feels"? That is our lesson for today!
Also, I will be answering a question from @rurrochman -- "How often do spiders actually come out [in Australia]?" -- hmm, very interesting, considering how much bad press these Australian spiders get, especially on the Internet.
Listen to a story about an Aussie angler who caught the SAME flathead fish 3 times in a row! The fish just loves getting hooked, doesn't it?
And because you've been asking me to talk about Australian TV shows, let me introduce you to Seachange!
I get very nostalgic seeing this TV series because it was filmed where I grew up. This is a great resource for you guys if you want to learn more about Australian culture, slang, and expressions.
Did you watch till the end? How would you answer the last question? Let me know in the comments!
Don't forget to download your FREE PDF Worksheet here
Improve your listening skills today – listen, play, & pause this episode – and start speaking like a native English speaker!
If you're someone learning Australian English as a second language and you want to improve your pronunciation, reduce your foreign accent and sound more like an Australian when you speak English, check out my content at Aussie English - www.aussieenglish.com.au
And grab my Australian Pronunciation Course here - www.aussieenglish.com.au/courses
australianaccent #aussieenglish #learnenglishwithpete #australianenglish #learnenglishonline #aprenderinglêsonline #learnenglish #aussieenglishacademy #australianpodcast #languagepodcast
| SUBSCRIBE TO AE |
| FOLLOW AE |
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/theaussieenglishpodcast/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/australia_english/
- Website - https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Aussie_English
| ENGLISH COURSES |
- Australian English Pronunciation - https://aussieenglish.com.au/australian-pronunciation-course/
- Phrasal Verbs - https://aussieenglish.com.au/effortless-phrasal-verb-course/
- Spoken English - https://aussieenglish.com.au/spoken-english-course/
| AE ACADEMY |
- Join here - https://aussieenglish.com.au/academy/
| AE PODCAST |
- Free Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/podcast-episodes/
- Premium Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/the-premium-podcast/
*** Music from Artlist - License Number 524222 ***