AE 1134 - Expression: Be On A Roll
👉 Listen to this episode on the podcast: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/1134
👉 Join my 5-Day FREE English Course: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/free-course/
👉 Join the Premium Podcast here & access 1000+ episodes: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
Welcome back to the Aussie English podcast!
In today's Sunday episode, I am going to talk about the English expression "be on a roll".
We are not going to roll on the ground for this!
I will be breaking down the meaning of the words in this phrase, and tell you about its origin - yes, like rolling dice!
Listen closely for a bonus English expression: get to the bottom of things - I'll be giving a short explanation of this English idiom!
There will be example situations given so you'd know when you can use this expression.
I will also be answering a question from Luciana and she asks what Australians think of immigrants.
And lastly, get your pen & paper ready and try to catch the exact words in this short clip from the classic Australian cult film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
Let me know what you think about this episode! Drop me a line at email@example.com
** Want to wear the kookaburra shirt? **
Get yours here at https://aussieenglish.com.au/shirt
If you're someone learning Australian English as a second language and you want to improve your pronunciation, reduce your foreign accent and sound more like an Australian when you speak English, check out my content at Aussie English - www.aussieenglish.com.au
And grab my Australian Pronunciation Course here - www.aussieenglish.com.au/courses
australianaccent #aussieenglish #learnenglishwithpete #australianenglish #learnenglishonline #aprenderinglêsonline #learnenglish #aussieenglishacademy #australianpodcast #languagepodcast
| SUBSCRIBE TO AE |
| FOLLOW AE |
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/theaussieenglishpodcast/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/australia_english/
- Website - https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Aussie_English
| ENGLISH COURSES |
- Australian English Pronunciation - https://aussieenglish.com.au/australian-pronunciation-course/
- Phrasal Verbs - https://aussieenglish.com.au/effortless-phrasal-verb-course/
- Spoken English - https://aussieenglish.com.au/spoken-english-course/
| AE ACADEMY |
- Join here - https://aussieenglish.com.au/academy/
| AE PODCAST |
- Free Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/podcast-episodes/
- Premium Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/the-premium-podcast/
*** Music from Artlist - License Number 524222 ***