AI and Its Impact on Society with Nicolas Chapados
Episode Length: 35:42
· Defining artificial intelligence (AI) and the importance of decision making
· Data processing and portfolio rebalancing through AI
· How AI affects investing and portfolio management
· The relationship between AI and cyber security
· Predictions on self-driving cars in Canada
· The role of data, aggregate data, and data privacy in AI
· Data privacy, data ownership, and data trust
· Montreal as a major hub of AI and deep learning research and development
· What to watch out for in AI development – causality and neural networks
Interested in investing in technology and innovation? Consider the Evolve Innovation Index Fund (EDGE): https://evolveetfs.com/product/edge
Keynote Speaker: Nicolas Chapados, Co-founder & CSO, Element AI & Imagia Cybernetics
Nicolas is the co-founder and CSO of Element AI, one of the largest artificial intelligence companies in the world. He also co-founded Imagia Cybernetics, an applied research lab in AI that has the capability to detect and quantify cancer in the early stages through AI analysis of medical images. He holds an engineering degree from McGill University and a PhD in computer science from the University of Montreal. Nicolas also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Hosted by: Raj Lala, President & CEO, Evolve ETFs
Prior to founding Evolve ETFs, Mr. Lala served as Head of WisdomTree Canada – a division of WisdomTree Investments Inc., one of the world’s largest ETF issuers. Prior to this, Mr. Lala was Executive Vice President and Head of Retail Markets for Fiera Capital Corporation, a prominent Canadian investment management firm with over $100 billion in assets under management. Mr. Lala co-founded and served as President and CEO of Propel Capital Corporation (which was acquired by Fiera Capital Corporation in September 2014). Propel raised approximately $1 Billion in structured products in its five years of operation. Prior to Propel, Mr. Lala worked with Jovian Capital. Mr. Lala held several roles at Jovian including President of JovFunds Inc., an asset management division of Jovian Capital. Mr. Lala holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Toronto.