AMA 2021 CPT® Errata and Technical Corrections: Mitigating Shades of Grey
The American Medical Association (AMA) CPT® Errata and Technical Corrections have clarified some grey areas found in the 2021 Evaluation and Management (E&M) Guidelines. But did the updates really help coders and physicians in better understanding how to apply the latest corrections?
Apparently, there’s still confusion, according to Terry Fletcher, a nationally recognized physician auditor and coder. Fletcher will return to the Talk Ten Tuesdays weekly broadcast to offer some working examples, as well as answer listener questions, in an effort to clear up the perplexities while providing insight on how to submit a clean office visit claim.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will have the Talk Ten Tuesdays Coding Report, along with the broadcast’s weekly Listeners Survey.
- Tuesday Focus: Hospital at Home versus Hospital to Home: Are they not one in the same? Clearing up any confusion on this issue will be Tiffany Ferguson, CEO at Phoenix Medical Management, Inc.
- Developing Story: Sepsis and New York: The Empire State Strikes Back: Dennis Jones, patient financial services administrator at Montefiore, Nyack, will report on why New York said “no way” to UnitedHealthcare.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.