APP #66 - Whooped by Grandpa Bay
Packers jumped out to a 10 point lead in the first quarter dominating time of possesion, but then Rodgers explicably threw a pick six and then another interception on the next drive that led to a touchdown and a quick TB 14-10 lead mid 2nd quarter. The pick six was the beginning of the end led to a complete collapse by the offense and defense. The packers can feast on mediocre/bad teams but they get their pants pulled down way too often against upper tier teams. Far too often they are not even competitive.
- Guys got pretty banged up early - Tonyan and Irvin both went out in the first quarter. Tyler Irvin got hurt early and basically all pre-snap motion disappeared.
- Rodgers - who was playing out of his mind coming into this game, threw INTs on back to back series, with one going for a pick six...very odd.
- Rodgers then missed a WIDE OPEN Marcedes Lewis for what would have been an easy, long TD.
- Rodgers was lost the entire 2nd quarter and the remainder of the game - LOST.
- Rodgers was getting pressured on almost every snap from the 2nd quarter on - that didn't help anything.
- Trying to look at some trends that are showing up with Lefluer - lots of good trends, but here are a couple bad ones:
- Multiple HORRID, non-competitive losses on the road.
- Not figuring out how to get Davante Adams to help the offense when he comes back from injury.
- David Bhaktiari suffered a "chest injury" in the 3rd quarter, which effectively ended any chance of keeping the game close, let alone winning it.
- The defense actually started the game with a 3 and out of Tom Brady - I almost fainted.
- The pick six on Rodgers and additional interception did not help the defense, but they stunk today again.
- 104 year old Rob Gronkowski destroyed the packers defense - it was embarassing.
- Tom Brady was NEVER under duress - basically played the game clean without having to deal with any pressure.
- The safety play on this team is not good...what else is there to say?
- Josh Jackson was AWFUL - commited a +40 yard PI penalty in the end zone and gave up an easy TD to a rookie WR for Tampa Bay. He should not be playing any meaningful snaps anymore, but Kevin King was injured so he was forced to.
- It is stunning to see how much better and faster the linebackers are/were for Tampa Bay. They were flying all over the place and running so fast sideline to sideline.
- SPECIAL TEAMS:
- Nothing to report here, except that Tyler Irvin got hurt.
- Texans Predictions
- Andy 30-24 (Packers)
- Elliot 35-15 (Packers)
- Jeremy 33-28 (Packers)