APP #70 - Lots of Lethargy, but no energy
A troubling trend seems to have emerged with this Packers team - a lack of energy and enthusiasm at home games. The Packers were 13.5 point favorites coming into this game but they barely squeaked out a win at home against a bad team that traveled from a warm weather climate nonetheless. The Packers lost two weeks ago at home to a division rival (Vikings) in similar fashion - lack of energy on all sides of the ball.
- The Packers had scored on every opening possession of every game this year, but promptly went 3 and out to start this game - this was a sign of things to come.
- The Jags actually took the lead 3-0 early in this game...Rodgers then hit a bomb for a TD to MVS to get the Packers on the board.
- MVS had a really nice game - he was one of only a few bright spots in the game.
- Rodgers and the offense looked incredibly bland and low energy for basically the entire game - it really made no sense.
- He threw a terrible INT on a crossing route to MVS that practically looked telegraphed
- Davante Adams had one of his worst games since his miserable 2nd season - multiple drops and a bad fumble that was recovered by the Jags.
- He did have a great TD catch late in the game where he had to high point a ball in the end zone which he did.
- The game was basically a back and forth seesaw for most of the day - the packers offense never got going and just looked listless.
- Both of the Packers starting CBs were out with injuries in this game and by and large the back-ups performed ok.
- Jacksonville had a rookie QB making his 2nd career start, he was very inconsistent and missed a fair amount of wide open receivers. Had a competent QB been playing against the packers they might have blown us out.
- This defense still cannot stop the run with any sort of consistency - it's hard to watch. Kenny Clark has been hurt for basically half this year, but all in all he has been underwhelming.
- Preston Smith has his own energy problem - that guys seems to be loafing more and more lately. He gets taken out of way too many plays too easily.
- P Smith did make a couple plays late, but they have been few and far between this year.
- Adrian Amos had an easy gift interception, but given how rare turnovers have been for this defense they will take anything they can get.
- SPECIAL TEAMS:
- Special teams had a terrible game today...easily their worst game of the season.
- JK Scott is maddeningly inconsistent when the weather gets cold, which is a problem since he plays for the Green Bay Packers.
- Scott hit a low line drive on one punt that was easily returned for a touchdown - the returner caught it without anyone within 20 yards of him and then he made JK Scott look like Andy trying to tackle him.
- Elliot 22-21 "Set the Tone" Packers
- Andy "Rivers Might Shred Packers" 27-24 Packers
- Jeremy "Game of Matchups - Bad Matchup For the Packers" 33-20 Colts