APP #73 - The Eagles have landed, with a thud
The game wasn't that close, until the defense gave up a TD on 4th & 16 late in the 4th quarter and then the special teams promptly allowed a punt return for a touchdown. Carson Wentz started the game, but was awful and was benched for 2nd round draft pick QB Jalen Hurts in the 2nd half.
- Aaron Rodgers himself looked really sharp in this game, as did the offense as a whole. Davante had another TD
- The offense started with a 3 and out to include a fumble (recovered) by Aaron Jones and then a blown block for a quick sack on Rodgers.
- The Packers actually went for it on 4th and goal early in the 1st quarter and Rodgers threw a jump ball to Davante Adams for a TD.
- I think it is safe to say that Davante Adams is probably the best WR in the league right now, he had 2 TDs in this game.
- Aaron Rodgers hit another career milestone in this game, throwing his 400th career touchdown pass to just 88(!) interceptions.
- MVS had a brutal drop on a deep ball...he has barely been targeted since fumbling in OT a couple weeks ago against the Colts.
- ESB also had a brutal drop on a long 3rd down that should have been caught.
- Aaron Jones sort of re-emerged in this game, breaking a bunch of tackles and breaking free for a 77 yard TD run late in the game to put it out of reach.
- It bears repeating how well the Packers' offensive line has been playing, especially without their starting pro-bowl caliber center.
- The opening drive against the eagles stunk, event though they held them to just a field goal. The eagles chewed up like 10 minutes and ran 15 plays.
- After the first drive the defense settled down, but that was mostly due to the horrific QB play by Carson Wentz. He is awful...he has no pocket awareness whatsoever.
- Wentz was so bad that he was benched in the 2nd half for 2nd round pick Jalen Hurts, who did ok.
- In typical Packers fashion, they had the eagles in 4th & 18 against a rookie QB playing his first snaps and they gave up a long touchdown. Just so dumb.
- SPECIAL TEAMS:
- Burn the tape
- Andy 30-21 Packers
- Jeremy 24-21 Packers
- Elliot 34-19 Packers